We are currently prioritizing tow providers. If you only provide minor road services, we will accept your application, but will only reach back out if you're a good fit for our network. Please only submit one application.
Thank you for your interest in joining Agero.
Being an Agero Service Provider means you’ll have access to innovative products, tools, and support to help your company grow. From our award-winning 24-hour billing and performance portal, to exclusive industry discounts, to free digital dispatching software, Agero is your network of choice. If you're joining us from the Swoop website, welcome! Swoop was acquired by Agero in 2018, and all new Service Providers must onboard directly with Agero moving forward.
- These are your "everyday" breakdowns including: lockouts, jumpstarts, tire changes, and fuel deliveries. Response times in an assigned region should be within 45 minutes.
- All towing services, including winching. You can choose to perform any of the following, depending on your fleet capabilities:
- Light Duty
- Medium Duty
- Vehicles with a GVWR in excess of 10,000 lbs, or 21+ feet in length.
- Heavy Duty
- Vehicles with a GVWR in excess of 20,000 lbs, or 31+ feet in length.
- Response times in an assigned region should be within 45 minutes.
Accident Scene Management (ASM) Towing
- Our Accident Scene Management program services high priority dispatches, which may include accidents or customers that are enrolled in a premium service. An ASM tow requires a service provider to respond to the disablement scene with an expedited ETA, obtain the vehicle, and move it to the designated repair facility.
Vehicle Release Management (Secondary) Towing with Payout
- Your responsibility will be to deliver these vehicles from an impound or storage yard to a designated body shop. You may be asked to advance funds in order to release the vehicle on behalf of Agero. Advanced funds will be reimbursed to you upon proper billing.
We need this information to accurately provide year-end statements (1099) to your business and the IRS.
Agero needs your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). For corporations, LLC's, and other business entities, your TIN equals your Employer Identification Number (EIN). For individuals, sole proprietors, and single-member LLC's, your TIN equals your social security number. Please only fill out ONE of these fields.
We require an electronic signature confirming that all of the information entered into the form on the right is certified. Click the W-9 link below for all certification details, listed under "Part II Certification."
As a contracted Agero Service Provider, you will be required to upload evidence of your completed background checks on any member of your business who performs Agero services, or handles information pertaining to Agero. See the full list of requirements here.
Insurance CoverageDepending on the types of services you’ll provide, Agero requires the following insurance coverage as a minimum (with preferred status requiring higher insurance coverage):
- Commercial General Liability: $300,000/occurrence minimum
- Commercial Auto Liability: $300,000/occurrence minimum
- Garage Keepers/On Hook/Cargo*: $100,000/occurrence minimum
- *Required for towing services only
- Workers Compensation for employees, with evidence of meeting state minimums
Prior to being on-boarded within the network, you will need to provide Agero with a certificate of insurance (COI) listing Agero as a certificate holder:
Agero Administrative Service Corp.
400 Rivers Edge Drive
Medford, MA 02155
If there are questions regarding insurance or if you do not currently have coverage at the minimum requirements, you may submit your current insurance coverage for review by our onboarding specialists. Click here to view a sample COI.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting the form to the right, you are agreeing to Agero's Terms and Conditions.